In 1996 Frank Teasley, with the help of public nurse Jayne Ottman, launched the Pedigree Stage Stop Race to showcase the beautiful state of Wyoming and to make sled dog racing more accessible to the public. In addition, the race worked to spread the word about the need for childhood immunizations and each year the race makes a contribution to communities on the race route for childhood immunizations.
- Race Began: 1996
- Format: Stage Stop, similar to the Tour de France, the race stops in a different town each night.
- Title Sponsor: Pedigree Food For Dogs has been title sponsor of the Pedigree Stage Stop since 2001. In 2016 the title sponsor was Eukanuba.
Last year the title sponsor was Eukanuba. This year we are proud to present the…2018 Pedigree® Stage Stop Race.
- Number of teams in race since 1996: 349
- Number of dogs in race since 1996: 5,496
Shelters on the Race
- Jackson Animal Shelter
- Animal Humane Assoc of Star Valley
- Town of Pinedale Animal Shelter
- Lander Pet Connection
- Paws & Claws
- Happy Tails Fur Ever
- Dr Bob Biereman
- Wind River Veterinary Services
Information coming soon.
|2004||Blayne “Buddy” Streeper|
|2010||Blayne “Buddy” Streeper|
|2011||Blayne “Buddy” Streeper|
|2012||Blayne “Buddy” Streeper|
|2014||Blayne “Buddy” Streeper|
|2015||Blayne “Buddy” Streeper|
|2016||Blayne "Buddy" Streeper|